This year for the Brown Ballroom Competition, I am only competing in standard so my event doesn't start until 11:30. I had also managed to get a ride there from someone who was also just competing in that event so it works out pretty well. Because usually at the competitions, events tend to run behind schedule, we thought we had plenty of time to get there and warm up, etc. so I got picked up around 11:15, then waited another 5-10 minutes for another person to come (so we could follow them because we had no idea how to get the the venue) before we finally set off. The route we followed was so beautiful. Along each side of the road was a row of trees. High above you, you notice the branches on each side reaching towards each other, forming a natural arch along the road you are traveling on. As you progressed, you can't help but notice how the beautiful the trees are when they are changing with the season, a sea of red, orange and yellows. It also helps that the sun's shining in the clear blue sky:-)
Once we reach our destination, we realized that for once the competition is running on schedule! I had to rush to get changed and go the floor (so I didn't get the chance to warm up). Despite this, my partner and I fared pretty well considering we had only practiced Friday night before the comp. We had finally placed in the finals for that event.
That evening was the McCormick event to the Top of the Hub. One of the first things we did was just a lot of pictures :-) I actually didn't end up taking that many pictures with my camera. Everything was so fancy (including the butter! as you can see in the picture)
There were two choices for entree, salmon and lasagna. Your appetizer depends on which entree you ordered (both of which I do not have the pictures for). Then came desert, a slice of brownie that is very rich so it took a while to finish it... The final part of the meal is the tea/coffee. Unfortunately, they did not arrive at our table before Yalu, Mike and I went to the other side of the tower to see the Hancock tower. It looks so different at night. I felt that it blends in quite well with the background.And so the day ends: full and sparkling with the glitter from my dress.
No comments:
Post a Comment