This year I was lucky and only have one final (and it was on Monday). It was very relaxing with nothing hanging over your head. It was a bit strange sometime just walking around the dorm and seeing people studying and you are not because you are done.
On Tuesday I went over to visit my friend at Wellesley. Before heading back to MIT (and while waiting for the bus), we went around and took bunch of random pictures. At one point we hanged the camera from a branch because there wasn't anyone around to help us take a picture ^_^ When we came back to MIT, we went swimming. We started off with the small pool before going to the big pool (which was very tiring, but I like the fact that it forces us to move more because it's so cold!) Both of us wanted to take the boat test so we could take sailing, but that included 10 minutes of treading water. We took turns timing the other and see if we could top it. However, this only happened two or three times before we were too tired to continue... I believe that it was quite an improvement from out previous attempts (from 10 secs to ~1 min to ~3-4 mins). On the same topic, does the 100 yards of swimming all have to be on the front, or could we swim on our back the whole time.?
After coming back from swimming for a while, I noticed that my necklace was missing. I rarely take it off because putting it back on was a hassle. We backtracked our steps and went back to the pool(but not back into the water) but wasn't able to find it. I went back to the waters the next day, but also wasn't able to find it. Hopefully it will turn up someday, but I am not counting on it.
That evening, another friend came over to bake a cheesecake (because he felt bad for not eating the one I made for the ballroom banquet on Saturday). We had 4 mini cheesecakes and 1 big but thin one which we finally finished eating today. It had a different texture than the one I made (though using the same recipe), but it was still good :-) The differences could be due to the type of cream cheese used or the type of pans used since everything else was the same.
The rest of the week went by in a blur. Most of which involved packing (or attempt at it), getting food at the study break and just being outside (because it was so nice out).
2 comments:
Woah, an update! It's cold, rainy, and windy here. 2, 3 weeks ago it was amazingly nice but this week just seems to be bad. Most of the vendors in the Market aren't even here! Well, it's a holiday but still, this market is the center of town. To see it so empty during the day is just disturbing.
I seem to remember that you can do whatever you want for the swim test. I might be wrong. Are you planning on taking the boat test during orientation next year? Maybe I'll get back in time and take it with you. heh. Not sure if I'll actually have time to take sailing though.
One of my secret desires has been to see how how I could last on the food that people throw out during finals week. But I haven't stayed in Boston for the summer yet so =(... Maybe next year if I MEng at MIT... yup.
Ok, so for the swim test you can do anything you want, but you can only do one stretch of it on your back. so if you go back and forth twice, which I believe is what's required, then you can only be on your back 1/4 of that.
On the day I left, I peered into the fridge to make sure that I didn't leave anything, and I saw a whole bunch of cheesecakes. LOL
Post a Comment