Today seems to be a day so riddled with bad luck.
It all started with leaving Cambridge Side Galleria when it started to rain. By the time the shuttle arrived, it was pouring. It was still pouring when we got back to Kendall. Because I had forgotten something at McCormick when I left, I went back today to get it. That means walking through pouring rain and having my pants soaked up to my knees (even though I had an umbrella).
But that is not the worse part... the worst came on the ride back home. When we got to Park Street, we were told that the train is standing by due to the order of the fire department. After a while, I decided that instead of waiting inside the train, I would go outside and wait there for a while before coming back inside. This, as you could guess, did not occur as a few minutes later, there was a flood of people leaving the station. Apparently there was a fire at downtown. I had seen smoke in the station as I was leaving. Thinking that the area of influence were only these two stations, i walked to South Station. But as I found out when I got there, all the stations between Harvard and Broadway were shut down. I happened to bump into my friend(perhaps the only good thing to have happened since the it all started) whom i haven't seen for about 2-3 months while looking for the bus and we decided to take the commuter rail to JFK which we waited for maybe 15-20 minutes. Because there were now two of us, it didn't seem as long a wait. Once we got to JFK, we parted ways. I had only one stop to go, but for some reason the train got stuck in between the stations for 20-25 minutes. So going home which usually takes half an hour took 2 1/2 hours.
1 comment:
the red line train is super slow now, probably because of the fire they had...I was out in downtown for work on Wed, the train was back when I went back school at 5pm.
Post a Comment