Aug 12, 2008
In the house there are two washing machines, one for the family and one for the lodgers. Although I live in the house, I use the machine which is used by the lodgers. It is different from those I have used in the US in that it is smaller and that you have to close 2 things, one for the clothes and the other for the machine itself.
The problem came this morning. The machine which I usually use did not work. I had placed placed in it, turned it on, but when I came back an hour later, it was as if I hadn't done anything. As it turns out, the water had been turned off because the bathroom is being worked on.
I progressed to use the machine in the house (which I had never used before). The family has two machines, one for drying and one for washing. Generally in France, people don't like to machine-dry their clothing. Anyway, one of the machines had clothes in it (I had never seen it without clothes) and was open. I went to use the other one because it was empty and it was designed like the one I typically use. Try as I might, I couldn't find the place to put the laundry detergent (I should have taken this as a sign but I didn't) so I just dumped it in with the clothes. It was only when I had turned it on and looked at the different settings it had that I realized that it was the dryer, not the washer... Another reason why it threw me off was because the washer had a clear round covering, which I generally see on dryers in the US.
2 comments:
haha i thought you were supposed to keep working on blogging about our trips, not doing laundry ;-) hopefully you took it out of the dryer and figured it out.
i'm doing my laundry today too; hopefully it will be done when i get home and i can hang it up.
is the washer also very small? I always found the washers in Germany are very small in size, can only put in handful of clothes.
Post a Comment