As we are waiting in line to walk up the Eiffel Tower, we compared our skin colors.
View over Paris
Champs de Mars (where we later saw James Bluntrehearsing for the concert that evening)




After the Eiffel Tower, we walked around the city for a bit before going around searching for food. We finally found one in the Latin Quarter which offered us a 2-course meal.
Since I didn't want to miss work the next morning, I decided to take the night train back to Pau rather than stay and watch the fireworks. My train leaves right about the time the fireworks started so going to the train station was quite an adventure. When the three of us got off and to change trains, it was very crowded. The number of people waiting to get on was so much that it filled the platform and overflowed into the next. There was no way we could have gotten on to the next train which arrived. By the time the second train had arrived, there was less people so the three of us managed to squeeze onto the train (and without any room to move once we are on the train). Thankfully, it had arrived before our alternate plan: to take a train which would have taken longer but would have less people. I made it to the train station with about 15 minutes to spare.That evening, I rode first class because at the time that I bought the ticket, it was cheaper than the second class ticket. I had a seat by myself next to the window. It was a lot more comfortable than the 2nd class. It was bigger, you could change the setting on your seat, and it had a outlet in case you want to charge something. After a few stops, I moved to a different seat. It was two seats side by side so I could actually lie down. But I couldn't sleep like that because the train would tilt in different directions as it was moving. As such, I ended up using the seat across from me.
For a period of the time I couldn't sleep, I talked to the person in the same cabin. Part of the times we would talk in French, part of the time in English. Once in a while, he would write something down in English because I think that he thought that I didn't understand what he was saying.
I arrived back in Pau at about 6:10 am, went back home and slept for an hour before going to work.
1 comment:
oooo first class. the one time that jingwen and i sat in first class, we got kicked out. we didn't know it was first class. the guy was really annoyed and pointed to the huge "1" painted on the wall.
and now you're going back to paris in a week!
Post a Comment