Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Updates

I can't believe that a whole semester had gone by and I didn't write anything.
This past semester, I took 4 classes (i get credit for the steel bridge comp design class but I dont really consider it a class). Three of them are language classes-- 2 French and 1 Japanese-- and one on transportation, which fulfilled my restrictive elective. This means no finals but I did have a lot of papers and projects to do though. In addition, there was studying for the GRE and applying for grad school, which as a result I didn't get much sleep for a few days in a row for the first time since i entered MIT.

The Thursday of finals week, I left to go to NYC with a friend and stayed at her friend's place in Flushing. We got her passport(the main reason we were there), shopped, visited the sites(the ice rink at Rockerfeller Center is a lot smaller than I expected...), walked through Central Park to get to the MET when it was snowing pretty hard (it was fun until it got too cold). When we left on Sunday, it was snowing again and the bus trip feel unbearably long.

Christmas was a trip down memory lane. After opening our presents, my sister and I decided to clean our room where we found stuff from when we were in grade school.

On Friday, I met up with two friends whom I have not seen for over a year. We went to eat hot pot in Chinatown which was pretty good. Afterwards we walked around the Fens after finding that admissions ticket to the MFA was too expensive... Although I had gone to HS in the area, I had never walked around the Fens. The community garden was just something I didn't expect to be there. As well is the grass over 6 feet tall. Maybe they are swamp grass?

On Sat evening, I went to Ryles with Alex. It was my first time at salsa club and it was a lot of fun. There weren't as many people as I expected, but it's understandable given that people's home for vacation. I haven't danced for over two weeks so I felt really sore the next day. I'm still a bit sore today but not as bad.

1 comment:

yalu said...

sounds fun! sounds like break is a lot more interesting than term ;-)