Yesterday was reg day here at Cornell. Now that I have picked up my ID, I can take the buses here for free :-) After picking up my registration packet and as I was leaving the main area, the police officers at the door stopped me and asked if I had a key tag. When I said no, they took a sticker from my folder and gave me a tag. But I have absolutely no idea what it is for... As it turns out, if you lost your keys, it will help identify who it belongs to. Very handy :-)
Afterwards, there was a picnic lunch. The president of the university came and gave a little talk. It was pretty funny. I met 4 other students the lunch. They all study very different things. One studies EECS, one architecture, another how architecture affects the environment, and another neurology. We kinda stuck together for the next event until they split us up into groups.
After we split up and I bumped into Jose. I had thought he was here for a master too, but it turns out that he is here for a PhD. Later on we went to the ice cream social together. They guys who's behind us in line was also in Civil engineering but in environmental instead. He was the first one in our dept whom we have met so far.
2 comments:
That's cool that you're starting to meet people. Yeah, Jose said that they gave him money. I think that's why he's there.
I don't know if the other schools gave him money.
Post a Comment