Point F: Starting and ending point - Except for the locations close to here, the majority of the route was pretty flat.
Point B: Farmer's Market
I was looking for things to do in Ithaca when I came upon this. Luckily for me, they were open today. There were many stalls, some with all-ready made food from different ethnicities. The only ones which I remembered Cambodia, Chinese, Greek and Indian. There were the usual baked products, plants, fruits, vegetables, arts and crafts, etc. They also have a performance group. It sounded rather like folk music to me though... Two interesting things to note: Ithaca seems really environmentally conscious. I didn't see any trash cans at all but there were bins for composting and for recycling; dogs were allowed on the venue on Sunday, but not Saturday.
As it turns out, the venue for the market is quite close to one of the lakes in Ithaca.
Point C: Wegmans - This place was indeed really big. It was also kinda hidden too. If not for the sign up front, I would have missed it completely.
Point D: Wal-Mart - As I found out, this was probably one of the worse weekends to go shopping for stuff. As classes start this coming week, the store was raided by students and their families. It was pretty difficult to find some stuff.
Between Point C and D, there were quite a few other stores but which I didn't go into. They include KMart, Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond.
Point E: Win Li Supermarket - So there are two Asian supermarkets in Ithaca and this is one of them. It was smaller than I expected and more expensive too. Everything here is at least $.50 more expensive than the ones in Boston!
Ithaca Day 2 Cont'd
So one of the things I forgot to mention yesterday was this:

1 comment:
gorges!! hehe, i have a feeling that you are going to be a very good cook at the end of this year...
Post a Comment