The competition, called DCDI, is one of the bigger comps on the east coast. It was a two-day event, starting around 7 or 8 in the morning on Saturday to around 6pm on Sunday. I left on Friday afternoon around 3:30 and arrived around midnight. It was supposed to be a six hour drive, but became 8 hours because we stopped for dinner. Some people on the team stayed in hotels, but I (and maybe 8 others from Cornell) opted to stay with some U. of Maryland team members. When we arrived to our hosts' place, we were surprised by two kittens! They were so cute.
The event I was dancing in wasn't until 5pm. For the most part, I just hung around the venue until it was time for me to dance. The evening session was all open dancers. They were amazing to watch.
Sunday - Although I didn't have any events on Sunday, I left the apt pretty early because I wanted to take the opportunity to go and explore DC for a bit. It was a really nice weekend: warm, sunny, very different from the weather in Ithaca recently. There were also still leaves on the trees... Because it was Sunday and a random weekend, I didn't see that many people while I was there. There were some sort of race around the mall though.
Because I didn't have all that much time, I didn't go into any museums. I guess I will have to do that on a later trip. For the most part, I walked around part of the mall and the city. It took quite a while to get from end to the other. It feels a little bit like Boston, but with bigger streets.
The metro is pretty good. It reminds me a little but of the one in Paris. The stations which I went to and which were indoors were vaulted. There were also signs announcing when the next train was. There were no big advertisements on the wall as in Paris though...
1 comment:
Wow a blog entry, finally! Glad you got some better weather. I hope you haven't made any plans for spring break yet because yalu, mike, and i want to go somewhere. yalu and mike have miles with united and i have a free roundtrip with jetblue. so... we should all meet up somewhere! maybe a cruise?? hehe. i've always wanted to go on one. anyhow, we should chat sometime. haven't talked to you in a long time!
Post a Comment