Last weekend was fall break. I took that chance to go back to Boston to see people and to get my winter stuff. It was good timing too since it was really cold when I came back. It even snowed for a bit! I left Ithaca on Thursday around 7 (since I have no classes on Friday) for NYC. It was a bit later than I was expecting to leave. Turns out that all of us were waiting for one another... They dropped me off at Yalu's place around 11pm.
The next day I mostly hung around time square. I had been to NYC before so I didn't feel the need to explore. I did go to the M&M store and the Hershey store though. I was planning on hanging out with Wendy that day but through bad planning, we weren't able to meet up and just ended up talking on the phone for quite a bit instead.

Afterwards, I headed towards the downtown to meet up with my friends from Ithaca. By the time I got there, it was almost 4 so I wasn't able to stay with them for very long. I had planned to go to Chinatown to get some pastries for the bus to Boston before heading to Yalu's work. But I ended up not having the time to. I even arrived at Yalu's work later than we had planned. Soon after, Yalu and I left to catch the Chinatown bus to Boston. We barely made the 5:30 bus (we were the last two to get on and we ran by a guy who bought the ticket before we did; we didn't beforehand that there were only two more seats and we were in a rush).
I wasn't able to meet up with everyone I wanted to that weekend (it was too short!), but it was relaxing and a needed break from Ithaca ^_^
Some foliage taken today:


I think I forgot to mention in my last post that Ithaca College has a water fountain with a light show. It was really pretty.

2 comments:
hehe---we totally *just* made that bus!
Wow, that's a pretty big fountain. There are some fountains here but not as big (and no light show). I should take more pictures around campus...
Post a Comment