Not much has happened these past two weeks besides lots of schoolwork and lots of rain. Today is the first time that I have seen the sun and not feel very cold outside in a few days. This update will only really have two things because 1) they're the most fresh in my mind, and 2) they're not really school related (well, a little bit related).
Yesterday, the meeting for the MEng project was canceled due to another meeting the faculty has to go to so I didn't have to go to campus at all. But I went anyway for a group meeting over a project and office hours for solid mechanics (this class has so much Matlab!!) Beside it was right after office hours, I went to the Happy Hour hosted by the CEE grad association (there were food there, not just alcohol). This time, we made sure not to go too late so there will still be food. I ended socializing with some of the people in the program who i never really talked to (and staying a lot later than I expected to).
Today was the Cayuga Dancesport Challenge, a ballroom competition hosted by Cornell and Ithaca College. I had to wake up at 6am because the driver was competing in bronze and so had to get there early. This is the first time I had to get to the comp that early in a long while. We arrived at the venue around 7:30. Between that and when I competed, I was working on my assignments (which didn't go very far), meeting a bunch of people on the team who I haven't seen before, and just watching some of the dances.
When I first showed up at a lesson here, I asked people what they were majoring in. After being accustomed to MIT where most people are in some sort of engineering, it was a little bit disorientating (and not in a bad way) when people tells you that they major in something that you just don't usually hear about at MIT(usually something related to humanities). A couple of people I met today were in architecture.
Anyway, back to the comp. I forgot to mention earlier that I also practiced with my partner when I was waiting. It was the first time that we have danced or practiced at all since last Sunday. Despite all this, we did pretty well ^_^
I managed to get a ride back home after my event from the same person who drove me there. He also happen to not dance Latin and Rhythm either. Unfortunately, on our way back, we got in a car accident. No one was hurt but he would need to replace the frame and the windshield of his car.
Ok. Back to work now.
2 comments:
O_o. You were in a car accident? I'm really sorry to hear that, though it's good that everyone is okay. Those things are scary.
Happy to read about everything else though!
Two weekends ago, I was taking the bus from Berkeley to Oakland and some car hit the bus! The car was trying to squeeze through between the bus and the center barrier. And if that wasn't bad enough, the guy drove over the middle barrier (there was grass and bushes) and ran! Someone on the bus wrote down the license though. So it took me forever to get back home. But man, windshields are expensive to replace! Glad everyone is okay though.
Yeah, social events always end up taking longer than expected...
Post a Comment