Towards the end of my winter break I started going to the Steriti ice rink in the North End. Before I went, I had read reviews that it's usually pretty empty, that there's usually around 10-15 people. Not only that, admission is free. The only catch is that they have limited hours. The first time I went was on a Sunday and there were at least 6-7 times more people than I thought (most were little kids). Despite that, it was a lot of fun. Having sat around for most of my break up until then, it was definitely nice to be moving around. I continued to go almost every other day until I have to go back to Ithaca. During those times, there were only 10-15 people there.
Since coming back to Ithaca, I had gone skating for a total of 1 time and that is today. For some reason, it felt weird when I skated today. I'm guessing it might be because I had just sharpened the blades. Hopefully it won't be the next time I go ^_^
For those who don't know, hockey is a pretty big sport here at Cornell. It's an actual hockey rink with built-in seating at the side (and goes pretty far up at that too). Outside the rink, there were concession stands (which were closed when I went). Posted outside the doors, there were signs for seating. When I went there on Sunday to get my skates sharpened, everything was closed and I couldn't find a person who could point me in the right direction. I went into the gym next door, inside the rink twice before noticing that there was something at the bottom of the stairs in the corner. Lo and behold, that was what I was searching for all along.
3 comments:
Man, now I feel like I have to comment asap! hahaha. Maybe you should go to a hockey game one of these days. Is it free? Most sports events here are free for students. Except men's basketball. I guess it's popular? The surrounding community actually takes quite a big interest in Stanford games. Lots of traffic when there are games.
haha, only silly people would turn this into a competition!
....
(If I get you to agree, I can win more often!)
Will: I was so confused about your comment, until I saw what Lucy said...
Post a Comment