Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Steam Buns


It's interesting how Lucy and I both decided to make steam buns recently ^_^ Last week sometime I made some red bean paste, but I didn't think about what I will make with it. I ended up making steamed red bean paste buns instead.










Red bean paste buns

Over the weekend, I made some steamed pork buns but I ended up with way too much leftover filling.  With both the red bean paste buns and the pork buns I used the flour made especially for this purpose.   They came out pretty well.  When I made the second batch of steamed pork buns a few days later, I have to make the dough from scratch (as I had run out of the other flour).   Of this batch, the latter ones were poofier than first few ones I made since they had time to sit before I steamed them.

Steamed pork buns

1 comment:

Lucy said...

woah, yours look so much nicer! I used whole wheat flour for my pork ones. I think whole wheat flour is actually easier to use. they soak up moisture better.