Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Pau Cont'd

I had plans to blog about my stay here in France, but with the daylight ending around 10 pm, time just flew away from me. So most of these will be just pictures rather than commentary.

One interesting story:

On the first day, Rachel (the other intern here) and I decided to go out for walk after dinner. We wandered and got ourselves to a park. It was very pretty with a pond, quite like the Public Garden in Boston. But that is not the point of the story. On our way back, getting lost and looking at the map, we see a dog. It seems to be wandering around the city, like us. However, after a few blocks (for it is too much of a coincidence), we realized that the dog is following us home. It would sometimes be ahead of us, but other times behind us. Regardless it remained with us until we reached the house where I was staying. Rachel told me that when she left, the dog had left too.

Now to pictures:
The church in Pau. I haven't actually been inside yet..












The Pyrenees were visible on this day. Usually they are covered by clouds.










The park next to the chateau in Pau












Side view of the chateau in Pau










When I came out of my tour of the chateau, there was guy playing the piano...

2 comments:

Lucy said...

hey, take a picture of the place you're staying. and of pau. i wanna see! been meaning to ask you about work but the only time i'm on gmail on the same time as you is during my lunch time (9pm your time). but then sometimes i go out or talk to people so actually not so much time...

X said...

Hm.. I looked through all the pictures I have of Pau, and it seems as if I don't have pics of the place in general, just a few selected sites.