Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ithaca Day 1

Yesterday I left the house at 6:00am to catch the 7:15am bus to go to Ithaca. During the process I had to transfer buses two times. The first and the third bus was rather full but the one in the middle wasn't (and it was roomier than the other two too). I was scheduled to arrive in Ithaca around 5:24 but I ended arriving at 4 instead! At Binghamton (the last transfer point), I took the bus which was leaving soon as opposed to waiting two hours there for my scheduled bus. Overall, the trip wasn't too bad as I was sleeping through most of it.

Somewhere along the way to Ithaca

When I got to Ithaca, it started raining pretty hard. I had called up a taxi to drop me off at my place. It took its time coming to the station, but there was no way I was going to drag my luggage up the hill to my apt. Just dragging it from the main office where I picked up my keys to the apt itself was hard enough.

Soon after arriving, I went outside to explored a little bit. Mainly I went down the hill to the Commons. It's basically a mini shopping area with a bunch of restaurants. It was after coming back from this little excursion that I met two of my roommates. One of them is studying photography and the other studying law. They both seem really nice.

I went with one of them to go shopping for food and for the room. One thing that I didn't realize was that although the rooms were equipped with internet service, there were no wireless. I had to go buy an Ethernet cable. I guess I have been taking that for granted while at MIT. Coming back, we missed our stop and ended up on the bottom of the hill. Since the next bus doesn't come for another hour, we had walk up (at least 15 minutes) with all our stuff.

My Room


The Apt


3 comments:

Lucy said...

Wow, your apartment seems pretty spacious! Leather couches look comfy. I think I will always bring a Ethernet cable with me when I go somewhere new. I had this problem in Germany, England, and even in NYC. You'd think I learn after the first time...

yalu said...

wow your apartment is SO big!! heh. I was just going to ask you yesterday if you were in Boston...guess not!

X said...

I've never had the problem with ethernet cable before. There was wireless when I was in France too.

I actually sit in the couches until sometime this morning.. they are pretty comfy :-)