Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A free day

Today was a day that pretty much started and ended with cooking.  It was partially motivated by my wanting to use up all my ingredients before moving out at the end of this month.  This morning I made sweet rice balls.  It's been something that I've wanted to make since I've found the recipe.  It's actually pretty easy simple and doesn't require much ingredients outside of water, glutinous rice flour, and whatever you want it to be covered with.


This evening I made whole wheat dinner rolls using a modification of the recipe found on the Whole Foods website.  They came out pretty well.

Before

After

In between these cooking sessions, I went to the Plantations which is owned Cornell.  On the way, I passed by a couple of people with ice cream from the Dairy Bar.   It was very tempting to go and get some myself.  Most parts of the Plantation(that I've been to) is very woodsy.  The only part which wasn't was the flower garden.  For some reason, I came upon a lot of deer today.   There were two groups of 3 and one lone one.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

those wheat rolls came out really pretty.