Senior week:
I didn't participate in a lot of senior week activities mainly because the tickets sold out really quickly and most were a bit pricy. There was one that I attended, and that was the carnival held on the opening night. I had hung out with some ballroom people earlier in the evening and so some of us decided to go to the carnival together. They had these huge inflatable things of a hunter and a crocodile which people climb up and somehow come out in the middle. There were booths for throwing targets, huge twister boards, etc. We managed to score a few tickets which we can redeem for prizes.
On another day, a few friends and I tried the ice cream at the Dairy Bar. I had French Vanilla and something coconuty. It was pretty good. Then we went to explore the Plantations. We only managed to see the flower garden before we left for dinner.
For dinner, we went to the Antlers. It was a place that one of my friends, Ali, had gone for one of his friend's birthday. It so happened that the special of the night was lobsters. Since four people had decided to get lobsters (there were 6 of us), they tried to get the last two to too. They were partially successful. In the end I was the lone one without the lobster.
The next day I went again with to the Plantations, but with one other person (and a lot earlier in the day). We pretty much walked around the whole Plantation. Below are some highlights:
flowery path
sculpture garden
bell on top of a hill, it was really loud!
One the way back, we took a shortcut which ended with my feet in the mud. It was very similar to the situation I got myself into with Y in the Pyrenees, but less gross and easier to wash off.
The next few days I hung out with my sis as she came to visit me for the week. The first two days I showed her around the campus. On the third day, we went with Matt to see Watkins Glen, one of the state parks around the area. It's known for its gorges. We also went wine tasting.
That evening there was a BBQ for senior week held indoors. Not knowing it was only for seniors beforehand (it was not mentioned online) and finding out about it only after we lined up, we decided to wait anyway in hopes of getting in. No such luck. My sister, however, was able to get in... I had borrowed a friend's ID for her.
The next day, we went with Brenton to visit Treman Park, which is in Ithaca itself. We ended up taking the hiking trail (because we didn't know where the gorge trail was) and walked over a mile (up and down the hills) before getting to the first waterfall and... it was a bit disappointing. Giving ourselves 5 more minutes on the trail, we finally came to a big waterfall, named Lucifer Falls.
No comments:
Post a Comment