One day after I came back to Boston, I unpacked, packed, and left for California. I don't know what I would do without W who drove me to the airport so I can catch my red-eye flight. I arrived at the San Francisco Airport an hour before schedule and took a bus which would eventually take me to Palo Alto. It was not until the bus had reached its destination in SF that I found out that I had taken the correct bus, but in the wrong direction. The bus driver was very nice in letting me take the bus back without paying another fare. I just have to wait for the next bus which was an hour later. Four hours after arriving at the aiport, I finally arrived at Lucy's dorm and had lunch there. We then walked to campus (Lucy pointed out some of the buildings to me) where I met up with another friend, Shu Yi, and Lucy went to a meeting for her Indonesian project. I met up with L later at her presentation. Having taken classes on some of the topics that they were discussing, it wasn't very hard for me to follow along. It was also pretty interesting.
Day 2
L and S were both busy with finals/packing so I spent the time exploring Stanford.

Palm Drive
cactus garden
the med school (saw this as I was heading back to L's dorm and just had to stop and look at it)
Soon after exploring the med school, I went to a BBQ for the civil engineers. The food was gone pretty quickly (the event was either 2-3 hours long, but the food was all gone by the end of the first hour). I was able to meet and talked with a few of the MEng students.
Day 3
Another day of exploring Stanford.
1 comment:
wow nice pictures!
Post a Comment