I was reminded today that I haven't updated my blog for a while so I will do that now. Time passes by so quickly. I can't believe it's August already!
For the past month and a half, I have some sort of routine to keep myself busy: gym at MIT in the morning/noontime, lunch, then to the courtyard at Copley library to get some work done applying for jobs (but not there as much recently). Once in a while, I would play soccer with a few friends in the evening.
I've also been driving more since I got back too. Before he left, my dad put both my sis and I on the insurance so we would be able to drive his car. For the most part it consists of running errands and picking up my sis from work. Even though I've gotten a little bit more used to it, I still am not very comfortable driving it.
Some other things which happened include a trip to Sechuest Beach in RI, Carson Beach in Boston, getting a haircut, 4th of July outing, and camping at Arcadia National Park(to be described in the next post).
Sachuest Beach is very close to Newport, RI. It's also called the Second Beach. The beach is pretty nice. Since it's not in a bay, there were some pretty big waves. Apparently there was also a riptide (I wasn't caught in it but someone else almost was. I heard the best way to get out of it is to let it take you out and eventually the current will bring you back). The water was so nice and warm that I had to change my mind about not going in that day.
Another time I went to Carson Beach with a few people from the MITBDT. I didn't end up going very deep in the water because I didn't bring a swimsuit with me. It was mainly chatting with people. Towards the end I started skipping rocks(Jeff M. managed to catch one of them while in the water), then moving to a frisbee, and finally to a football. It was my first time throwing one. It kinda hurts when you catch it and you have to spin it when throwing.
On the 4th of July, I met up with a few people from high school who were camping out for the fireworks along the Charles River (Boston side). I haven't seen some of these people in a really long time. Then I went over to Cambridge where some people from the MITBDT were also camping out. There weren't that many when I went, but got more crowded later on. Someone in the group had a grill for burgers. Apparently you can get fined for using one along the river so they just moved it across the road to the MIT campus and grilled there instead. The fireworks were spectacular. It was also fascinating to watch the reflections of the fireworks on the Prudential the Hancock tower. Colorful lights shimmering like water, but is not.
1 comment:
i am hungry right now
must.
resist.
Post a Comment